Recipe adapted from www.tasteofhome.com
Makes 20 cupcakes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup grated carrots
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees C
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and powder and salt.
4. Add dry mixture to the creamed mixture alternately with yogurt, beating well after each addition. Fold in zucchini and carrots. The batter is very thick – don’t worry, they bake up very nicely.
5. Fill muffin cups ½ full. Use muffin liners for easier cleanup!
6. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Frost with whipped coconut cream. And decorate with chocolate chips!